Inside and outside of Oakland

Hoekstra launches new web ad in campaign for governor

U.S. Rep. Pete Hoekstra, one of five Republicans seeking the nomination for Governor in the Aug. 3 primary, has launched a new web advertisement titled “What’s Up With The Couch?”  The ad is the first in a series of web and television ads focused on Hoekstra’s record and leadership.

While serving in Congress, Pete Hoekstra opted to sleep on his couch in his office because he did not go to Congress to get comfortable.



Script:

CHRYON: What’s up with the couch?

HOEKSTRA: I didn’t go to Washington to get comfortable.  So when I’m there, I sleep on my office couch.

HOEKSTRA: I’ve been working for you in Washington, but Michigan is home.

HOEKSTRA: In D.C., I’m watching your pennies and mine.

HOEKSTRA: It’s why Newt Gingrich once told me: Pete, you could make a penny squeal.

CHRYON: “Pete, you can make a penny squeal.” – Newt Gingrich

HOEKSTRA: Every night I sleep well because I know I’m there to serve you; that I’ve done my best to do the right thing.

HOEKSTRA: I’m Pete Hoekstra, I’m ready to go to work as your next governor, and to make a few pennies squeal in Lansing.

CHRYON: Pete Hoekstra for Governor On the Job for Michigan

DISCLAIMER: Paid for and authorized by Hoekstra for Governor.

Also seeking the GOP nomination for governor are Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard, Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox, Ann Arbor businessman Rick Snyder and state Sen. Tom George. Democrats seeking their party's nomination are state House Speaker Andy Dillon of Redford and Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero.

No comments:

Post a Comment